The FAIRtax eliminates the need for complicated tax forms and regulations
No more special tax favors in exchange for political contributions
The need for the IRS is eliminated as taxes are collected at purchase
The FAIRtax switches the tax burden of Americans from Income to Consumption. Watch the videos to the right to learn more and understand the benefits.
No forms to fill out and April 15th becomes just another Spring day. Consumption, not Income is taxed.
Each month every family receives a “prebate” to cover all purchases made up to the poverty level.
The FAIRtax is one of the most researched tax reform plans ever presented. Read some of the research articles below on how it will affect certain industries and segments of the American Economy. View more whitepapers by visiting our website at FairTax.org
There are so many misconceptions out there about the FAIRtax that we wanted to set the record straight, with the truths. Below are several of the main ones we hear the most often. Feel free to toggle through and learn the REAL answer to all of these.
Want to learn more? Click here to send us an email with your question. We will be happy to reply.
Some things will go up like take home pay, investment returns and after a lag purchasing power. Every good/service has an average of about 18% of its cost tied up in rolled up business tax costs. Those go away and most goods/services will drop once competition and market forces take hold. Walmart rules the retail market price so yes you will pay more at the register but it will not be 30%.
The Family Consumption Allowance rebate is the same for all citizens and permanent legal residents. It is NOT welfare. It is a rebate of overpaid tax to raise the bar below which no one feeds government before their family. The amount is set by the size of the household and data is used to model the basic cost of minimal goods/services from HHS tables.
We have over $1 trillion in evasion right now as it takes only one to evade the income tax. For retail sales of new goods by dollar volume of sales over 90% is sold (collecting sales taxes in 45 states) and tracked electronically. As for the remaining 10% and services state sales tax agencies working locally in the community will reduce evasion.
How can a zero wage/income taxes PLUS a monthly rebate covering ALL FAIRtax on basics hurt the poor who pay passed through business taxes today. The poor purchase much less in goods and services than the rich, so the effective tax rate is higher for people making more, because they naturally spend more. The monthly prebate sent to every family covers the cost of taxes spent up to the poverty level, so many people of lower incomes will pay no taxes.
We are an all volunteer Grass Root movement of Patriotic Americans who want to leave our Great Country in better shape than it was passed on to us.